The all-in-one EQ collection
Mastering grade 24-band parametric EQ
X-EQ 2 is the ultimate EQ toolkit for audio professionals. Built upon SSL’s proprietary anti-cramping algorithms, X-EQ 2 simply sounds stunning. With 17 different classic and modern EQ type/curve options, X-EQ 2 is a formidable and powerful contender to be your new ‘go-to’ EQ plug-in.
X-EQ 2 is a highly configurable 24-band EQ plug-in, featuring unique anti-cramping algorithms for an unparalleled open and transparent sound. It’s the ultimate EQ toolkit, with 17 different EQ types and filter shapes. Each band is switchable between bell, shelf, low pass or high pass filter types, with both classic and customisable shapes available for each band. It features brand new spatial processing options, band soloing, and the classic X-EQ ‘Parallel’ mode for recreating the characteristic sound of old parallel passive EQ circuits.
- 24-band fully parametric high quality digital EQ, featuring unique SSL anti-cramping algorithms
- DSP Optimisation makes X-EQ 2 super efficient and CPU light
- A total of 17 different filter types: 5 different cut filters, 9 bell shapes, shelving filters, a parallel mode, and custom filters
- Extensive control options including draggable EQ graph nodes, mouse wheel adjustment and numerical data entry
- Extremely low noise and low non-linear distortion filter algorithms resulting in the residual THD+N significantly lower than 24-bit quantisation noise
- Mid/Side and Left/Right spatial processing options
- Individual band solo and bypass
- Real-time FFT analysis display
- Inclusion of Phase & Step response graphs to show the effect of EQ processing
Classic SSL Console Channel Strip
Classic SSL console EQ and Dynamics Processing for your DAW.
The SSL Native Channel Strip delivers the legendary tone and features of an SSL console channel strip. The EQ is a classic 4-band design with parametric LMF & HMF sections and shelving LF & HF sections (LF & HF switch to Bell).
The whole EQ can be switched between E & G Series characteristics and can be applied to the dynamics side chain. The Dynamics section offers separate Compressor and Gate/Expanders. The Compressor can be switched between soft and hard knee. Both the Compressor and Gate/Expander sections feature fast/slow attack switches and independent side chains. The plug-in also features High and Low Pass Filters which can also be applied to the side chain.
- Classic SSL console channel strip features and sound
- 4-band EQ, two shelving sections and two parametric
- Variable low-pass and high-pass filter
- Switchable EQ characteristics between E Series and G Series EQ
- “Over-Easy” soft ratio compression characteristic for smooth transitions
- Variable process order routing
- Dynamics side-chain processing with independent side chains for compressor and expander/gate
Classic Analogue, now Digital
The sound of the legendary SSL Stereo Bus Compressor.
The centre section compressor from SSL’s 1980’s G Series analogue console is an audio production legend. It is the secret behind countless classic recordings. It is a simple unit with a simple purpose; it makes complete mixes sound bigger, with more power, punch and drive. It brings cohesion and strength to your mix without compromising clarity.
“Sticks your mix like audio glue.” – That’s how we often hear the SSL Stereo Bus Compressor described, along with – “You strap it across your mix – and it sounds like a record.” We could wax lyrical about the technology – but hey, you already know how great this thing sounds – you’ve heard it on countless hit records from the last three decades.
The Dec 2018 SSL Native v6.2 software release adds two new features to the SSL Native Bus Compressor; a Dry/Wet mix control and side-chain High-Pass Filter. The Dry/Wet mix control blends between compressed and uncompressed signal, allowing quick and easy parallel compression without using additional busses. The addition of the side-chain high-pass filter allows for reduction of the amount of low frequencies in the audio that is triggering the compressor so reduces unwanted pumping effects.
Your new go-to reverb
Simple, powerful, intuitive and rich.
FlexVerb is a brand new fully-featured and extremely versatile SSL reverb plug-in designed to deliver a professional mix-ready sound in a quick and intuitive way. FlexVerb’s versatile split early-late reflection interface allows you to add the natural body and tone of different early room reflections, complimented by the richness of a variety of expansive reverb tail options.
FlexVerb features a 6-band EQ, High and Low Pass Filters, 3-band reverb time multipliers and input sidechain compressor to help you craft reverb that sits perfectly in your mix. FlexVerb’s algorithmic architecture gives you the depth, character and detail of a professional reverb in a simple rewarding interface.
- Four Reverb Types: Room, Hall, Plate, and Chamber.
- Early & Late Reflection types can be independently selected; for example, Small Room Early Reflections, with a Large Plate Reverb Tail.
- 6 Band SSL EQ, with 3 bands of reverb time multipliers.
- Output compressor (applied to reverb only) side-chained by the ‘dry’ input signal; useful to help sit the reverb in the mix.
- Lockable Dry/Wet Mix control; fix the mix of dry and wet signal when switching between presets.
- Infinity reverb time switch.
- Reverb tail kill switch.
Clarity, punch and power for your drums
The simple path to better drum tracks.
The secret to making an average drum recording sound incredible can be elusive. It takes the right combination of processors, with the perfect sonic character, in the correct configuration and tweaked in the right way. Drumstrip takes drum sounds from ordinary and average to vibrant and exhilarating in a few quick, easy steps.
Plug in, switch on and experiment. Drumstrip handles the hard part; putting the right selection of fantastic sounding processing tools in your hands in an instant. With Drumstrip, DAW users can attain increased presence, clarity and detail in their drum tracks; reduce spill in individual tracks; restore natural brightness; achieve greater perceived loudness; shorten or lengthen the attack and sustain of percussive signals; tighten up booming toms; make kicks and snares stand out in a mix; and parallel compress room mics.
- Carefully selected collection of five audio processing tools
- Transient shaper with Transient Invert to bring the attack phase of your drums to life
- Transient Shaper Audition enables you to isolate and monitor the effect of the Transient Shaper
- Dedicated drum Gate with range and independent open and close threshold controls
- High Frequency Enhancer to invigorate top end
- Low Frequency Enhancer to improve bass frequencies
- The classic SSL Listen Mic Compressor with additional bypass function to alter the legendary band-limited compression to full range compression
- Adjustable processor order—because a different processing order is required for different types of drums
- Input & Output Level metering with additional RMS meters